Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 84002977
Historic Name YUKON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Description of Significance THE BUILDING WAS DEDICATED WITH A CORNERSTONE LAYOUT ON AUGUST 17, 1927. THE YUKON LADIES LIBRARY CLUB ORGANIZED THE FIRST LIBRARY IN 1905 AND WAS ABLE TO HAVE THIS BUILDING CONSTRUCTED WITH A DESIGN BY SOREY AND VAHLBERG. THE MOST PROMINENT FEATURE OF THE BUILDING IS THE RECESSED, ARCHED ENTRY. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER 2/2/84.
Current Name
Address 510 ELM
City YUKON
County CANADIAN
Lot 11-12
Block 83
Current Section 20
Township 12N
Range 5W
Type BUILDING
Historic Function LIBRARY
Current Function LIBRARY
Area Signficance 1 ARCHITECTURE
Area Significance 2 EDUCATION
Date Prepared 1985
Year Built 1927
Original Site
Architect/Builder SOREY & VAHLBURG, ARCHITECTS; F.H. FASH, BUILDER
Architectural Style COLONIAL REVIVAL
Roof Material ASPHALT
Wall Material BRICK
Window Material METAL
Door Material WOOD
Decorative Details GABLE END PARAPET WALLS. CAST STONE ENTRY SURROUND. 1956 ADDITION ON REAR.
Condition GOOD
Comments LISTED ON NATIONAL REGISTER MAY 1983
Restricted N